Welcome to the Royal Army Physical Training Corps (RAPTC) Association website. This site is designed to provide you with essential information on RAPTC Association matters and act as a useful resource centre for Association events taking place.
The RAPTC Association is located at Fox Lines, Queen’s Avenue, Aldershot, and was established to promote a lasting bond of friendship between the serving and retired members of the Corps in order to foster mutual comradeship and to promote esprit de corps.
The RAPTC Association has six UK based branches across the United Kingdom and contacts around the world. It is open to all serving and retired RAPTC personnel. Further details on the branch locations and contact details can be found on this site.
The RAPTC Association aims are to promote the efficiency of the Army by:
- Maintaining contact between past and present members of the RAPTC, AGS, APTS and APTC (hereafter referred to jointly as the RAPTC).
- Fostering esprit de corps, comradeship and welfare of the RAPTC and thereby preserving its traditions.
- Assist, either generally or individually, past and present members of the RAPTC and their descendants, who are in conditions of need by virtue of financial hardship, sickness, disability or the effects of old age (hereafter referred to as beneficiaries).
- Supporting the formal Ministry of Defence (MoD) policy for Resettlement and assisting RAPTC Association Life Members to find employment on their transition to civilian life and for the remainder of their working life.
- The commemoration and remembrance of those members of the RAPTC who have died while on active service and the encouragement of public recognition of the sacrifice made by such personnel.
If you have any comments or recommendations for this website please Contact Us.